Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ooooooh, that little Pongo

Look at that little face, don't you just want to scoop him up and cuddle him to death? He is a cutie at the rescue I volunteer at. I think he was too energetic for the owners and was left tied up outside. I'm so glad he came to the rescue and got out of that awful situation.

He's so squirmy and active and untrained--lots of poo and pee in his kennel and really hard to hang onto. It'll take him some time to learn how to deal with attention and love. You can just tell he craves it; after a few minutes with him, he starts to focus on me and shows me all his cute little tricks. He retrieves all his toys for me and doesn't tire of going after them again and again.

I held him as I talked to a visitor to the rescue, one who seemed to talk with her hands and all the while he followed her hands with his eyes and kept trying to grab them although, she was mostly oblivious to it. (I laughed inside.)
Whoever adopts him is in for a ton of exercise and a lot of entertainment. He's one special pup.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

He is adorable! I'm such a loser for not making it out there while I was in town :(